Past engagement on the 10-year plan - This is what we did
The Council engaged with the community in the setting of a vision and identifying the priorities for the next ten years to the year 2023. The community, businesses, sporting groups and visitors to the City were involved in the engagement process to ensure that the new plan reflected the vision and priorities of the whole community.
The City sought feedback which covered:
- Confirming the 2030 Vision
- Land use for the City’s future development
- City-wide expenditure priorities (where greater focus was desired)
- Local expenditure priorities
- Nine workshops were held in the precincts of Dalkeith, Melvista/Broadway, Hollywood South/Central/Hampden Road, Carrington Industrial, Stirling Highway, Hollywood North, Mt Claremont/Floreat and Swanbourne.
- Three open days were held at the Dalkeith Hall, Hollywood Bowling Club and the Nedlands Library.
- Information was provided on the City’s website
- Individual feedback was invited (and received) from schools, businesses and major stakeholders
- A community conference to discuss asset investment options and the financial implications and identify preferences for the future.