Application refused at JDAP meeting
On 17 July 2020, the Metro-West Joint Development Assessment Panel (JDAP) refused the application for a mixed use development comprising of basement car parking, restaurants, offices, motor vehicle sales and 301 multiple dwellings at 97-105 Stirling Highway, Nedlands.
The application was refused on 10 grounds, including:
- Failing to meet the vision for a new activated and vibrant Nedlands Town Centre;
- Creating an undesirable precedent for development;
- A plot ratio that will result in excessive building bulk contrary to the amenity and orderly and proper planning of the new Nedlands Town Centre;
- Creating a parking shortfall that will result in a spillover of cars searching for car parking spaces in surrounding residential streets;
- Failing to satisfy the aims, and other provisions of the LPS3, including R-Codes Volume 2; and
- Failing to adequately satisfy Clause 67 of Schedule 2 ‘Deemed Provisions’ of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015.