2021 Annual Bushland Spraying Program
The annual spraying program is being undertaken by Contractors from July through to October 2021 to control environmental weeds in the following bushland areas:
- Shenton Bushland
- Allen Park
- Hollywood Reserve
- Birdwood Parade Bushland
- Point Resolution Bushland
- Mt Claremont Oval Bushland
- Mt Claremont Community Centre
- Swanbourne Estate
The City will be focusing on the control of bulbous weeds, and annual and perennial grass weeds using the herbicides listed below:
- Metsulfuron-methyl: used to control bulbous weeds
- 2 2-DPA (Dalapon): used to control bulbous weeds
- Glyphosate: used in conjunction with metsulfuron-methyl to control bulbous weeds
- Fusilade: used to control annual and perennial grass weeds.
Signage will be displayed whilst these works are occurring in accordance with Department of Health regulations.
The City undertakes environmental weed control to improve biodiversity values and to reduce the negative impacts environmental weeds cause to the ecosystems they invade, for example they compete with native plants, thereby reducing the species and diversity for both flora and fauna.
Environmental weeds cause erosion, alter water availability, change soil nutrients, increase the likelihood of bush fires and change vegetation communities within bushland areas.
For further information, please contact Vicki Shannon, the City's Environmental Conservation Coordinator on (08) 9273 3500, or email firstname.lastname@example.org