- The applicant submits a Development Application (DA) to the City of Nedlands
- DA is recorded and an initial assessment is made by a City planning officer
- City officer forwards information to the Development Assessment Panel (DAP) at the WA Department for Planning for lodgement
- The City then has 90 days to complete a full submission called a Responsible Authority Report (RAR) to present to the DAP
- CONSULTATION: The DA is advertised according to the City's Consultaton of Planning Proposal Local Planning Policy received by the City are collated, summarised and considered by the City planing officer according to the criteria and planning guidelines/schemes
- REFERRALS: The DA is referered to internal relevant departments within the City for review and comment
- The DA is referred to Main Roads Western Australia (MRWA) for comment, as the proposal abuts Stirling Highway (identified as a Primary Regional Road). Further information or amendments may be requested of the applicant as part of the referrals process.
- The City's planning officer conducts an assessment of the proposal against any relevant development controls and legislation applicable to the DA
- Further information and/or amended plans may be requested of the applicant following assessment
- Following the submission of the RAR, the Development Assessment Panel (DAP) secretariat will organise a meeting time and place for the determination and the applicant and any submitters are made aware as they are welcome to attend the meeting and provide deputations if desired
- The DAP members (consisting of a Chairperson, two independent appropriate professionals - usually architects or planners and two representative City Elected Members) consider the proposal, responsible authority report and any deputations before providing their determination of the application
- The decision is made for or against the application (with conditions and reasoning stated) by the DAP and the decision communicated to the City and the relevant applicant
1. City receives Development Application (DA)
2. Consultation and referrals
**Please note that in this instance, the application for No.87-89 Broadway, Nedlands, will be assessed by an external planning consultant - Altus Planning **
4. Responsible Authority Report (RAR)
Planning Officer prepares Responsible Authority Report (RAR), and RAR is submitted to Development Assessment Panel (DAP) for determination.
Note: If applicable, the RAR may be presented to a Council Meeting or Special Council Meeting if required for comment prior to being submitted JDAP.
5. DAP Meeting and DA determination